All governors have a term of office of 4 years. During that time they are expected to play a full and active part in the leadership of the school. It is expected that all governors will attend 6 full board meetings each academic year and an annual away-day meeting. For these meetings governors will come well read, with added ideas and research findings to bring to the table. All governors will also actively seek to fulfil their responsibilities by attending the school during operational hours, meet, discuss and debate with staff, and take a full and active interest in the current pressures and opportunities facing the school community.
Roles and responsibilities
It is the responsibility of every Governor to:-
- Attend all meetings and come well prepared
- To be informed, well researched, thoughtful and vocal in all meetings
- To listen attentive to everyone's ideas and opinions
- Ask enquiring and supportively probing questions of the staff and each other
- To bring innovative solutions to the table
- To promote the school
- Be visible as a governor to the widest community
- Keep up to date with personal training needs
Three non staff Governors will take the lead responsibility for data, ensuring they can support and challenge the school around the question....How well are we meeting children's needs?
Three non staff Governors will take the lead responsibility for finance, ensuring the support and challenge the school around the questions......Are we in budget? And, what financial implications and opportunities are being explored? Two Governors will take the lead responsibility for ensuring we are meeting all our statutory responsibilities.
To register with Modern Governor:
- Visit www.moderngovernor.com and click on the Register for an Account at the bottom of the blue login on the right side
- Enter your first and last names and in the Local Education Authority box select Newham. A school box will then appear and you should select the school where you are a governor.
- Complete the remaining boxes, where you will enter your username and password and then click the Submit at the bottom of the form.
- You will then receive an email with a hyper-link and once you have clicked on the link you are a user.
- The next time you visit Modern Governor you can enter your username and password to login.
- If you get stuck please call the Modern Governor helpline on 020 7101 9383
To register for GEL
- Go to www.elc-gel.org and click the register button at the bottom of the page
- Select London Borough of Newham from the drop down list and click submit
- Enter your details and select your school
- Click submit
- Once your registration has been approved, you will receive email notification.
Governor Details (terms of office in brackets)
|Parent Governors: (2)
|Mrs K Reynolds (4.12.18)
||Mr W Gordon (4.12.18)
|Chair Governors: (1)
|Mr C Brown (10.11.20)
|Co-opted Governors: (5)
|Mr T Oteh - Local Authority (25.11.17)
||Mr W Whiteside (31.1.21)
|Ms C Coulton (31.1.21)
||Ms L Kazembe (31.3.19)
|Ms N Groom (10.2.18)
|Staff Governor: (1)
|Ms B Sims (14.1.19)
|Ms R Iiyambo
Governor Attendance Record
Governor Terms of Office